- Our Work
- Our Work with Families
- Our Work with Schools
- Our Work with Communities
- Our Mentors
- Our Partners
- Our Resources
- About Us
Sample Job Descriptions
• Talking/meeting with parents one on one re: parent concerns and/or needs.
• Researching info needed by a parent.
• Preparing power points for presentations.
• Preparing and updating packets of information for parents:
– New Parent Packet
– Navigating Transition Packet
– Surrogate Parent Training Packet
– Navigating the IEP Packet
• Preparing and updating other types of info for parents/groups:
– Transition to Middle School checklist
– List of Helpful Websites
– List of Helpful Books
• Presenting workshops to parents and other groups
• Serving on committees
• Coordinating with Parent Resource Centers and providing them with Special Ed. information and with trainings for parents
• Sending info out to parents via our voluntary parent email list
• Looking for new resources.
• Coordinating with other agencies/groups such as GLRS, AADD, FOCUS, Lekotek, Parent to Parent, Refugee Family Services, etc
• Attending required trainings for Parent Mentors in Georgia
• Participating in other forums
– Transition Fair for high school students
– Future Focus Fair
• Presenting trainings to teachers:
– Student led IEPs